Sunday, June 27, 2010

Movie 12- Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind

Rating- 5/5!


Plot (compliments of imdb.com)
A man, Joel Barish, heartbroken that his girlfriend Clementine underwent a procedure to erase him from her memory, decides to do the same. However, as he watches his memories of her fade away, he realizes that he still loves her, and may be too late to correct his mistake.


Commentary


Spectacular. That's a one word summary of my overall feelings toward this film. Where do I begin? The acting? Amazing. The cinematography? Brilliant. The story line? Captivating. I can't say yet that this is the number one of all the films as I have yet to see so many, but I think it's safe to say this truly is one of the best of all time. I think it sums up precisely what a "modern classic" is supposed to be. It's a love story in a way, but it's so refreshingly honest that it's real to us. 
The love between Clementine and Joel is not perfect, but something about their chemistry pulls you in & leaves you hoping they will have another chance.  I think this film does what so many love stories today fail to do. It surprises us. Their is nothing typical or predictable about it. Maybe that's why I love it. 
I have a hard time defining a category for this one. I think it's both a romantic comedy and a drama. It has both the peculiarity of a good independent film and the gratification you get from seeing a box office hit. 
If you haven't seen this one yet, I urge you to do so. This is by far my most favorite film of all time. It sets the bar so high for everything I have left to watch for the project.. PLEASE go rent this one. If you have netflix you can watch it instantly. If you don't have netflix, I own a copy and will be more than happy to lend it to you. You can also buy it below from Amazon.. which I also recommend since you're going to want to watch this one more than once! :)





Write to you soon,


Kendra

No comments:

Post a Comment