Monday, June 14, 2010

The Sixth Sense - Movie 8

The Sixth Sense

Rating 4/5



Plot

Sorry guys, but I have a terrible headache so I'm skipping this part... If you haven't already seen the film then check out some other reviews for a general summary. 

Commentary

I LOVE this movie. It is one of the few films on the lists that I have actually seen, and I think it’s wonderful.  The acting is brilliant, and the story is so original. It is both haunting and heart-warming. From the first scene until the last you are positively enthralled.
So what is it about this movie that all of us love so much? Surely it can’t be the surprise we get when we figure out the big secret... Are we really that easy to entertain? I think the answer lies deeper than that, but I’m not sure I can say what it actually is.  It’s a little terrifying and magical all at once. Maybe the approach the film takes to death is what touches us. Maybe there isn’t one specific thing that draws us to it… maybe there are just a bunch of little things which add up to make it wonderful. No matter what, there is one thing that is certain. This is one of those films that most of us will never forget... and it definitely deserves to be on the list.

Write to you soon,

Kendra

1 comment: